Wednesday, December 1, 2010

flurries

Small white spot,
Suspended in perfect balance,
It's cold out.
The wind whips up,
Leaves scatter in circular movements,
more white dots spin around,
up down this way that way,
all in perfectly conformed chaos.
They never seem to touch the ground.
One big ballet dance through the people.
But more white spots are catching in the grass,
along the sidewalk,
in the cracks, on the hustling black coats.
Suddenly November is gone, stolen,
by small white dots suspended in perfect balance.

~ Yeah It's wicked cold here, I am skipping glass this morning cause I have a head ache, the semesters almost done, I have to work tonight, and I just ate a scone. It was "snowing" yesterday, not much just a few flurries. But man was it cold and windy. It was some how really peaceful though. Idk. Snow is, in my oppinion, one of the calmest things in the world. I'm okay with it snowing now. However that will probably change about the end of January when I get sick of being cold 24-7 and it starts getting slushy and gray and nasty outside. But in the mean time it's officially december, which means it's officially Advent, which means I am going to miss home even more because Advent season is one of the best times of the year. I guess I'll catch the last week of Advent back home. Whoo... and that's about all I've got for today.

1 comment: