Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Reminiscent

It's really beautiful here today, it makes me ache inside. Makes me miss someone. Makes me miss my family. Makes me miss being a kid. I know that's all sentimental poppy-cock but it's true. I was walking to class (and then right back from said class cause it happened to be cancelled) and the wind was blowing and the leaves were falling on my face and the sun was streaming down on my person.
---The sun may fade and the flowers wilt,
the leaves may turn; soar off their stilt,
the cold winds come and snow may fall.
But even then, I love it all. ---
Makes me miss the orchard, the fond memories of picking apples till your hands were numb from the cold wet dew. Then coming back to sort them all in the giant sorter machine. Then after you can't complain any more and your fingers feel like their going to fall off and your cheeks are bright as the apples you're handling you go inside and sit in the warm kitchen and are treated to a feast. It's not like Grandmee's food is the most fancy, every meal is basically the same, the staple is goulash and always random assortment of salads. But there is something about the Goulash that is just so familiar, that I wouldn't trade it for the world. Mmm It's making me sad typing this. Well not so much sad just... Reminiscent. Reminiscent of a time not so long ago that I was care free and not bound down to impressing others and holding my spot in academia. If only I could go back to that. My 19th birthday is this weekend. Along with the first choir concert. Hmm wonder what this next year has in store for me. I know that in one year almost exactly a very dear friend comes back from his mission. I haven't heard from him in a year, it's because he's Mormon:) It's times like these that I reminisce on last year right before he left, when he was back at home from college and we did crazy things; like go to Red Robin and debate theology right before closing, or go bowling and then he showed me this crazy road that he found when he got lost one time. ITS A SCARY DRIVE lol. right along the bluff and one lane. It was so cool, i could literally open the door of his car and hit someones mail box! I miss him.
I was just going to leave it off there but that just seemed weird... so I'm adding this last paragraph to say.... BYE! hahah One day i'll know how to end stories instead of always writing in stream of consciousness. §

No comments:

Post a Comment