Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sitting here

Sitting here, with the window open, feeling the wind, seeing the sun, smelling the Autumn air. All alone, in that place that helps me concentrate, that smells like dust and old things, that has an out of tune piano and book shelves with old books no one reads. The molding and the base boards are scratched and aged from being in a college dorm common room, the door has numbers painted on it designating the room and floor, the out of place industrial sprinklers are the newest addition besides the last coat of white paint to hide the stains and the stories. The light is off, the window is open, the shade is drawn, it's warm, comfortable, my place in a strange and foreign world. The only other noise besides the jolly people outside, is the clicking of my fingers on a black and dusty laptop.

So I am sitting in my dorms little common study area. It's totally the coolest place ever. I love this dorm, def going to stay here for a couple years if not more. It's really old and cool. It's not that big of a room but it's got some wicked comfy couches and some nice tables, and a piano that is my new best friend. And no body ever comes here!! Which is such a nice change from the crazy liberary or the other common room which always has people in it (granted the other one is bigger and the piano is actually a grand piano) I was noticing I needed a different place to study because my room was like way way to distracting and I just couldn't focus. SOO. I came here, and at first I just played the piano here, though the piano is super duper loud so I'm pretty sure the neighboring rooms got sick of hearing my choir music and the first two lines of Mill's "The Music Box Dancer". Oh well. And guess what it's so peacefull here! Like, I'm pretty sure I could just stay here forever and ever in this moment and just take in the slight chilly breeze wafting in through the window on my left and the lovely music provided by Pandora radio (favorite find EVER if you don't know about it... def look that up cause it's a life saver). Yup that's what I am up to today, besides like hard core studying (i took a break from reading about Gracile australopiths and robust australopiths to write this. But I should probably get back to that and then I have to go eat lunch by my self (also suprisingly relaxing) and then I have to go talk to the History Ed Advisor to see if I can get into the Hist Ed program so I can be a Middle school history teacher. I like the middle school curiculum much better then the specialized Goverment and us history classes of highschool, so I'd rather stay at the Middle School level. Yup. §

No comments:

Post a Comment